- Learn and know how to put into practice representation methods of uncertainties adapted to the formulation of problems in multi-stage stochastic optimization
- Learn and know how to put into practice methods of numerical resolution
Researchers and engineers working in energy, transport, finance, etc.
Attendees are invited to download and fill the survey from our web site to adapt the programme to their expectations.
- Knowledge of basic continuous optimization: linear programming, convexity, first-order optimality conditions
- Attendees should master the Scicoslab software (free).
Data is abundant: energy demand, transport and mobility demand, environmental indicators, meteorological conditions are a few examples where data is available. How can decision-makers incorporate such data when they have to address investment strategies (network extension, new technologies)? How can engineers manage operations - transport network control, smart grid regulation - taking advantage of the available information? These are the type of questions addressed in the Interface Programme Couse on Data, Uncertainty and Optimization.
- Two-stage stochastic programming
- Scenario generation
- Progressive hedging
- Multi-stage stochastic dynamic programming
- Examples of case studies
- Workshop on industry case studies
Click HERE for detailed programme.
This 3-day training session alternates courses, case studies and computer sessions.
At the end of the 3-day training session, participants will be invited to attend an Academic workshop in the morning of Friday 1st December 2017.
Participants should bring their own laptop, equipped with the Scicoslab software. Computers will be also available onsite for those without a laptop.
P. Carpentier (Professor), J-P Chancelier, M. De Lara and V. Leclère (Researchers)