Learn the usage of the GATE platform for medical physics
Understand the features of the platform dedicated to the development of detection systems (PET, SPECT, CT and X-rays) and detector response, the management of medical images, the development of clinical and preclinical beams in radiation therapy and dose calculation for different radiation therapy treatments (internal or external)
Be able to use new tools for data analysis using Python
Students, researchers and engineers involved in medical physics. Physicians and medical physicists
Basics in particle physics and medical physics
- Introduction to the platform environment
- Description of a macro file and input files
- How to build the geometry of a camera, examples for PET, SPECT and CT systems
- How to manage medical data (simulation inputs)
- How to configure digitizer and detector response
- How to handle the geometry of clinical beams in radiation therapy (examples using photons and ions)
- How to configure the physics lists
- How to configure cuts / thresholds
- How to handle output data (actors)
- Tools for data analysis using Python
- Tools for distributed computing on clusters
Participants will attend the training online through a dedicated web interface, they should attend the training with their laptop and will connect to a dedicated GATE server through an ssh connection.
Information for connection will be provided one week before the training. Sessions will be registered and provided remotely during 3 weeks after the training.
The training course is organised in partnership with the GATE collaboration.